Senior Lifestyle Options
Live a lifestyle that is happy, healthy, and active at Saranac Village at Will Rogers. Our friendly and professional staff is here to offer seniors in Saranac Lake, NY, a cozy home surrounded by compassion and comfort. We are committed to the care of our residents.
Learn more about the lifestyle offered at Saranac Village at Will Rogers including our permanent and short-term/respite options.
Living Life Free From Worries
The Saranac Lake senior living community was designed with independence in mind. Seniors will enjoy structured and unstructured social interaction, pursuing interests and hobbies, and a full schedule of activities—all while leaving the headaches of home maintenance, chores, and cooking behind.
Independent living for seniors in Saranac Lake offers a world of on-site amenities and options. Our attractive, independent living residences appeal to seniors who prefer to live on their own in an apartment community, but still want the convenience of services and amenities. Saranac Village at Will Rogers provides a wide range of amenities, including restaurant-style meals, a changing calendar of planned activities, outings, housekeeping, and more.
Our apartments are exquisitely designed to be comfortable and make you feel at home, all with your independence top of mind. A variety of floor plans in our studio, one bedroom, and two bedroom apartments are available with the following features:
- Wall-to-wall carpeting
- Kitchenette and microwave
- Wired for cable and telephone
- State-of-the-art emergency response system
- Smoke detectors and sprinklers
Dining is an essential part of life and health. At Saranac Village at Will Rogers, we understand that food is not only necessary for nutrition, it is also an important opportunity for regular and ongoing social engagement. Our dining program offers meals that are home-cooked for flavor and served restaurant-style for comfort and convenience. Our professional wait staff takes care of everything, enabling our residents to enjoy healthy, delicious, and relaxing meals with their neighbors.
While daily menus are set in advance, we tailor our menus to incorporate resident suggestions and preferences. If a resident isn’t feeling well or prefers to have meals in their apartment, room service is available.
Amenities & Services
There is more to independent living at Saranac Village at Will Rogers than just the enjoyable dining experience, extensive activity program and outings. We desire to exceed resident expectations at every turn by offering the services and amenities desired and requested. Other amenities and services are listed below:
- Weekly housekeeping
- Linen service
- Round the clock maintenance services
- Scheduled transportation services
- Full service Salon with beauty shop and barber services
- Concierge services
- Emergency call system monitored 24 hours per day by on-site staff
- And More…..
Activities & Outings
Senior independent living at Saranac Village offers residents the opportunity to be as active as they can and want to be. In addition to organized activities, we have community rooms—a lounge with a flat screen television, pool table, Ping-Pong table and a bar area that can be reserved for use by residents. Our residence also offers a fitness room, group exercise room, and a fully stocked library where residents can check out large print books—including a rotating selection provided by a local library.
Whether it’s pursuing a lifelong passion or learning a new skill, our residents will have diverse and constant opportunities to engage with others, enjoy themselves, and continue to grow as a person.
Our Short Term Stay & Transitional Care Program
Let your loved one fully experience all the benefits of living at our community without a long-term commitment, ask our community sales director about our Respite Program – enjoy all of the wonderful programs, making friends, companionship, security, meals and personal care.
Solutions Provided to Meet Your Needs
- Giving primary caregivers a break – families know they can count on us during vacations, business travel, when they winter in their vacation homes in warmer climates and can’t be close by, or when caregivers simply need some time for rest and rejuvenation. Just a short break from the everyday stresses of caregiving can make a world of difference, helping the caregiver recharge and return with renewed energy.
- Transitioning after a hospitalization or rehab stay – often insurance reimbursement constraints decide when seniors are discharged even when families and professionals feel they would benefit from further assistance and a secure environment with 24-hour awake staff. Seniors may have new medications following their stay, need further Physical and Occupational Therapy, or just people around to ensure their safety.
- “Testing” the experience of our communities – some individuals simply want to determine if our community is the right fit for them before making a commitment to moving. They like the “no strings attached” option of trying out this new senior living option – we have found that 95% of those that try us out in this fashion end up calling our community home!
If you need a break or your loved one needs a two-month recovery – a respite stay could be your solution, let one of our community Directors of Community Relations help you find that solution.
Getting in Touch
We welcome you to contact us for more information.